IFC’s global flagship Sustainability Exchange addresses operational, environmental and social challenges and opportunities faced by infrastructure and natural resource actors in emerging markets. The Exchange hand-picks over 200 global executives and practitioners from companies, NGOs, the public sector, international development agencies and academia to generate frank dialogue on sharing value across business and society. Participants are leaders in their fields and join this unique event for an interactive, trust-based, provocative discussion. The audience expects to debate and benchmark market changes and counterintuitive solutions.
The 2017 Exchange “took it to the streets” in Colombia to contextualize priorities such as:
- Creating business opportunities through sustainability
- Multisectoral collaboration and shared infrastructure
- Climate resilience and resource efficiency
- Benefit sharing and political stability
- Women in leadership: Innovation through inclusion
- Youth & job creation
- Beyond zombie transparency
- Peacebuilding & participation
The event was held in both English and Spanish.